Styling a Toddler's Hair

Category Health
It can be a challenge to distract a toddler long enough to hold still for a hair cut or brushing. This guide is about styling a toddler's hair.

In order for anyone to style my granddaughter's hair, we must occupy her mind with an activity. She loves to play in the water so my oldest granddaughter, pictured styling Hannah's hair, has filled the bathroom basin with water for Hannah to play in while she is getting her hair done for the day, whatever technique works.

As we all know, children love to play in the bathroom; Hannah is occupied in the bathroom for combing her hair, putting medication on her eczema. She loves to play in the water.

I especially like these pictures because of the mirror image!

By WandaJo from TN

How young is too young for a toddler to get a line-up hair cut?

By m. stokes

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Having been a hairstylist for 35 years I agree with Keeper about 'when the child is able to sit still enough' but also to enjoy it. There's no reason to torture a wee one when they are not ready for adult perfection. ;-)

Louel53, a line up is where the forehead and the temple areas are cleaned up (lined) with a razor or clippers. It's been done for crew cuts for as long as I can remember and it's quite popular for the lines of many African American hairstyles whether male or female.