Suet for the Birds

If I get a good sale price on peanut butter, then I can make my own for less or about the same price as store bought. I like to make it because I can add what I want and the birds seem to like it better homemade. I have bought cases of suet they did not care for, so I melted them down and added peanut butter and they loved it.

I have no recipe, you just need to make it to where it becomes thick enough to form a cake that holds together (I used previous plastic squares the store bought came in). Rinse and use the same foil to cover them (I am all about the budget). I use lard, peanut butter, cornmeal/flour or both, shelled sunflower seeds, and sometimes I will add bird seed or dried fruits. I am making several batches this time of year to stock up and freeze and help the birds out this and every winter.