Summer Dill and Ham Potato Salad

This is a wonderfully light potato salad with ham and dill pickles. It's also great because when there's left over "ham". This is just another yummy way to use up your extra ham.

Prep Time: 30 min

Cook Time: 20 min

Total Time: under an hour

Yield: 4-6

Source: This was a recipe of my mom's

1. First boil your potatoes on a med low boil uncovered until they're done when a knife sinks into them easily, about 20 minutes, then cut them into small cubed bite sized pieces and put into a bowl.
  2. Next slice up your celery, not too thin and put that into the same bowl with your potatoes.
  3. Chop your onions and put those into the bowl.
  4. And then chop your dill pickles. I use to use Del Monte Dills for this, but they don't have them in the stores around here. I haven't found any as "dilly", so I use Dill Hamburger Chips. Make sure the dills you're using are not the garlicy ones. Put this also into the same bowl.
  5. Now cube your ham into bite sized pieces and that too goes into the same bowl.
  6. Mix your oil, vinegar, water, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. If you like it a bit more tart or sour, you can add more vinegar. If it's too vinegary for you, add a little more oil.
  7. Pour your oil and vinegar dressing over your chopped veggies, and stir well. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and enjoy!

Yummy and refreshing! I'm going to forward this to my friend. She was -just- saying how she always has so much ham left over. I love the pickles in this!

That's great Attosa :)

Yes, I know I try to not have ham frozen in the freezer for over 6 months after a holiday, so this helps get it used up in a yummy way.

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PotatoJuly 15, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂