Summer Veggie Stirfry
My garden is exploding with produce, and I had a few things to use up. It is also hot here, so I wanted a meatless meal. This was the result.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 summer squash, cubed
- 1 bunch kale, torn into small pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- beans, rice, pasta or potatoes
- Make sure all your foods are chopped and ready to use. Stir-frying is a fast process.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add the summer squash and sauté a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- Add the tomatoes. Lower the heat to simmer them for a few minutes.
- Taste to check the seasonings. Adjust if necessary.
- Add the beaten egg and stir gently into mixture until cooked.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir. Remove from heat.
- Put some beans, pasta, rice or potatoes on the plate. Add the vegetable mixture on top.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!