Summer Veggie Stirfry
If you have a lot of vegetables coming from your garden this summer, use them to make this delicious stir fry. Serve it with rice and add meat, if you wish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My garden is exploding with produce, and I had a few things to use up. It is also hot here, so I wanted a meatless meal. This was the result.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 summer squash, cubed
- 1 bunch kale, torn into small pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- beans, rice, pasta or potatoes
- Make sure all your foods are chopped and ready to use. Stir-frying is a fast process.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add the summer squash and sauté a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- Add the tomatoes. Lower the heat to simmer them for a few minutes.
- Taste to check the seasonings. Adjust if necessary.
- Add the beaten egg and stir gently into mixture until cooked.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir. Remove from heat.
- Put some beans, pasta, rice or potatoes on the plate. Add the vegetable mixture on top.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.