Sun-dried Tomato and Salami Orzo Salad
This is a budget friendly meal - great on it's own for lunch, dinner or as a side dish. What I love about pasta is that it's flexible. You can toss everything together and it will taste great!
I like to stock up when Barilla products are 88 cents or $1 each at the grocery store. This meal total cost no more than $1.50 and serves 6 bowls.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: Less than 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 box orzo pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- 12 pieces salami
- 2-3 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil (optional)
- Follow cooking instructions on back of your pasta box (I used only half).
- Toss with olive oil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- I cut 12 pieces of salami into smaller pieces. Mix in salad with Parmesan cheese.
- Optional: garnish with basil on top. Ready to serve. Could be eaten warm, cold or room temperature.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!