Super Easy Meatloaf

Meatloaf is a very easy meal to prepare, even on short notice, and can be seasoned with whatever you have available. This is a guide about making super easy meatloaf.

This is a very quick and easy way to make meatloaf. It's flavorful, too. I took a bunch of different tips on making meatloaf and melded them into one recipe. I used ground turkey meat last night and my husband, who hates turkey meat, loved it. He asked what I do to make it taste so good! I'll admit, it tastes better with ground beef. But, ground turkey was on sale for $1.99 a pound this week. Either way, it's good!

Total Time: 5 minutes, plus 1 hour cooking time.

Yield: 1 meatloaf

• 2 lb ground turkey or ground beef
  • 1 packet onion soup mix. Generic is fine.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup bread crumbs or panko crumbs....whatever you have!
  • chili sauce*

*This is the kind you will find next to the ketchup. In fact, Heinz makes their own chili sauce. But generic is fine. Chili sauce is very similar to ketchup, just a bit different. This is not to be confused with sweet chili sauce or sriracha!

1. Line your pan with aluminum foil. If using turkey, spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Put your meat in a bowl. Add 2 eggs, bread crumbs and onion soup mix. Mix meat until combined. Don't work it too much!
  3. Put your meat mixture in the pan, shaping into a loaf.
  4. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, covering all of the top. Bake for 1 hour.

My son's friends popped in yesterday and I hadn't planned on feeding 2 extra so I threw this together. It was WONDERFUL and everyone asked if I could use this recipe every time I make meatloaf now.

It's the easiest meatloaf I've ever made.

Combine meatloaf ingredients, mix thoroughly, pack firmly into a 9x9 inch pan. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatloaf. .