Sweet Onion Poppyseed Dressing
This delicious sweet onion poppyseed dressing gets its added sweetness from honey. Mix some up next time you have some poppy seeds.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I bought poppy seeds for baking, and as I was looking for recipes came across this one, which is quite tasty.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About a cup
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard or Dijon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Grate onion using a box grater.
- Combine onion, mustard, honey, salt and vinegar in a blender and purée until creamy. You can use a whisk, but it will not be as creamy.
- Drizzle in olive oil and continue to blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour into a jar or cruet and add the poppy seeds. Stir or gently shake to combine.