Just two ingredients make a delicious frosting that will get one more vegetable into your family, while tasting absolutely decadent! No butter and no added sugar. Just in time for Valentine's day too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes in the microwave sweet potato about 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: frosting for approximately 8 cupcakes
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
Optional: dark chocolate, sprinkles, strawberries
- Place clean sweet potatoes on a plate and cover with another plate.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 5-6 minutes (or according to your microwave instructions.) Check them for softness and microwave at 4 minutes increments until soft and cooked. Mine were done in 10 minutes.*
- Let the sweet potatoes sit a little bit, so you don't burn yourself. Then cut them open and scrape the center out into a small food processor and puree for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate while the sweet potatoes are still warm to help them melt.
- If desired while letting the potatoes cool, you could always put the chocolate bits into a covered bowl in the microwave to pre-melt them. I would heat it at 1 minute increments and stop as soon as they are soft, but not losing their shape.
- Puree the mix together for a minute.
- That's it! Spread on to cool cupcakes, cake or even fresh strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
* Option: you may cook your sweet potatoes in your oven if you prefer.