Sweet Potato Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
February 14, 2017
Just two ingredients make a delicious frosting that will get one more vegetable into your family, while tasting absolutely decadent! No butter and no added sugar. Just in time for Valentine's day too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes in the microwave sweet potato about 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: frosting for approximately 8 cupcakes
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
Optional: dark chocolate, sprinkles, strawberries
- Place clean sweet potatoes on a plate and cover with another plate.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 5-6 minutes (or according to your microwave instructions.) Check them for softness and microwave at 4 minutes increments until soft and cooked. Mine were done in 10 minutes.*
- Let the sweet potatoes sit a little bit, so you don't burn yourself. Then cut them open and scrape the center out into a small food processor and puree for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate while the sweet potatoes are still warm to help them melt.
- If desired while letting the potatoes cool, you could always put the chocolate bits into a covered bowl in the microwave to pre-melt them. I would heat it at 1 minute increments and stop as soon as they are soft, but not losing their shape.
- Puree the mix together for a minute.
- That's it! Spread on to cool cupcakes, cake or even fresh strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
* Option: you may cook your sweet potatoes in your oven if you prefer.
February 14, 20170 found this helpful
That sounds very interesting! I'm going to try this. Thank you.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.