Sweet Potato Waffles
These delicious waffles are made from scratch using mashed canned sweet potatoes, rolled oats, and whole wheat flour. The complete list of ingredients and instructions can be viewed below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I am enjoying my newwaffle iron that I obtained through Freecycle. I used the juice the canned yams were packed in and some saved zucchini liquid from thawed zucchini instead of the milk.
These freeze well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes per waffle
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 8-inch waffles
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- Stir together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs and milk.
- Sift the flour & baking powder. Add to oats.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Prepare in a hot waffle iron that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Serve with syrup.