Sweet Potato Waffles
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
January 7, 2020
I am enjoying my newwaffle iron that I obtained through Freecycle. I used the juice the canned yams were packed in and some saved zucchini liquid from thawed zucchini instead of the milk.
These freeze well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes per waffle
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 8-inch waffles
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- Stir together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs and milk.
- Sift the flour & baking powder. Add to oats.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Prepare in a hot waffle iron that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Serve with syrup.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.