Sweet and Sour Meatballs
This is a great recipe for the busy person, as it can be made in the slow cooker. If you use all pre-made frozen items, there is virtually no prep time. I prepared my own meatballs and used fresh onions and peppers, as it was cheaper for me. When frozen meatballs and vegetables go on sale, I will be using that.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: About 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Adapted from www.mysweetsavings.com
- 1 pkg frozen meatballs, or 1 pound of homemade meatballs
- 1 pkg frozen peppers and onions, or 2 fresh peppers and 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 1 bottle (12 oz) sweet and sour sauce
- Combine the peppers, onions, pineapple and sweet and sour sauce in your slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs, and stir to coat.
- Cook 4-6 hours. Mine was done after 5 hours.
- Serve over brown or white rice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!