Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Paste
July 13, 2020
Shrimp paste or "baguong alamang" is one of the best livelihood products in my country. It is an appetiser or could also be used as condiment. This is usually served with rice or paired with green mangoes.
- 1 cup tiny shrimp
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 garlic
- 1 onion
- 5 red chilies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Mince onion, garlic, and red chilies.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Saute garlic and chilies until light brown.
- Add the onion and stir.
- Now, add the shrimp and stir continuously. You may want to add a little bit more oil. This will help preserve the product.
- Then add the sugar while constantly stirring the mixture. You can also add some ground pepper.
- Pour in the water and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until it turns dark in color.
- It will be ready when oil appears on top of the mixture. Or when paste submerges in the oil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in sterilised glass jar and seal.
July 16, 20200 found this helpful
Nice that looks cool!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.