Tablecloth for Reupholstering a Chair
Do you have any extra tablecloths you don't need? The tablecloths could be turned into upholstery fabric for your chairs! You could save money versus buying fabric by the yard. This is what we did for the chair seats!
Note: You could use a staple gun in lieu of wire brads, but since our chairs are older the stapler gun was hard to pierce through the wood so we went with the wire brad/hammer method and it is a cheaper option, especially if you don't have a staple gun and staples on hand.
Total Time: 2 hours (time varies depending on how many seats you have)
- flat head screwdriver
- Philips screwdriver
- wire brads
- Remove the screws on your chair. Remove the seat and set aside the thin fabric.
- Cut the fabric larger than your chair seat (also factor in the chair cushion.)
- Wrap the fabric around your seat tightly and hammer in wire brads.
- I hammered the brads at an angle as pictured. Use pliers if you need to remove any brads not cooperating. Example is the finished product (bottom) and the other 3 chairs are up next to do. Repeat process for all the chair seats you need to do.
- The thin fabric set aside earlier when you took apart seat, you can now hammer it back into place.
- Screw the seat back onto the chair and you're set!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!