Taco Pizza Recipes
The traditionally Mexican flavors go very well on a pizza crust. This page contains taco pizza recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I sneakily came up with this recipe one day when we couldn't decide if we wanted tacos or pizza for movie night... so I made both in one! It's crispy on the outside, yet has the soft comfort of a pizza with the fillings and melted cheese. It's a total hit in my house and I think you'll enjoy it, too.
I've made this with my oven and my toaster oven, both work perfectly!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat a pan on high heat and fry the ground meat for a few minutes until almost fully browned.
- Add onions and stir fry for a couple minutes until softened.
- Add oregano and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Stir in tomato pasta sauce. Mix very well, and then remove from heat.
- Grease a baking sheet with a bit of the oil and lay down one tortilla.
- Spoon a quarter of the meat mix on top of the tortilla.
- Top with a quarter of the shredded cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Repeat with the meat, cheese, and tortillas until you have 4 layers, then top with the 5th tortilla. Brush with the rest of your oil.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, until tortillas are crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
We like to do pizza night on Fridays. Tonight we decided to try making a taco pizza. It was delicious!
- pizza dough (packaged or homemade)
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning
- refried beans
- shredded cheese
- sliced olives
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- tortilla chips, crushed
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (or according to dough package directions).
- Brown hamburger in skillet. Add taco seasoning and water, according to package directions, and finish cooking.
- Put refried beans in a bowl and microwave until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare pizza dough, rolling it out to desired size. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough to prevent bubbles. Put pizza onto pan or pizza stone.
- Use a spoon to add refried beans and spread them out.
- Add taco meat, spreading out evenly.
- Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottom of crust begins to brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and tortilla chips.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
May 12, 20093 found this helpful
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. If you don't have a pizza stone or round nonstick cooking sheet, lightly grease a regular round cooking sheet. Cook ground beef in skillet, drain and spoon evenly on pizza crust dough.Read More...
This has easy, fun ingredients that kids will enjoy, and if made with lower fat items, is quite healthy, compared to some of the "fast food" stuff. It looks like a pizza, smells like tacos and is just all around good.Read More...
June 23, 20141 found this helpful
This video shows you a fun twist on a classic pizza by making a taco flavored pizza with fresh shredded lettuce and all.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I know how to make taco pizza, but not the sauce that goes on top. I have heard that there is mayo and possibly vinegar, but cannot find what else. Does anyone have an answer?
By Pat from Deer Park, NY
Answer this Question...
December 3, 20100 found this helpful
Here it is.
6 -8 ounces pizza sauce (your choice)
6 -8 ounces taco sauce (hot or mild your choice)
Mix them together and voila! That's it!