Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry

I have started cooking my vegetable stir fry separate from any meat, so that I can serve a version to my teenage son, who is vegetarian. This one turned out particularly well.

I prepared TVP "chicken" tenders from Trader Joe's for my veggie son instead of the teriyaki chicken. Next time, I will double the ingredients so that we can be assured of leftovers.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Cook two cups of rice, this will take 15 to 20 minutes so I always start it before prepping anything else
  2. Marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce while you chop up veggies. Have all ingredients prepped and ready to go in the pan.
  3. Preheat frying pan to a medium high temperature and then add a thin coating of oil. When the oil is hot, place chicken pieces in a single layer in the pan. Reserve marinade.
  4. Preheat wok to a medium high temperature and then add a thin coating of oil. When the oil is hot, add aromatics such as onions, garlic, ginger and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes or so, stirring often to ensure even browning.
  5. When chicken is brown (2-3 minutes), turn it and brown the other side for a similar length of time. Add 1/2 Tbsp. corn starch to reserved marinade and whisk to combine.
  6. Flip over chicken again and reduce heat to medium low. Add marinade mixture and cover pan, allowing it to thicken and finish cooking the chicken.
  7. Add green beans to wok and brown slightly, then add the broccoli. Add 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and 2 Tbsp. of water (or more) to deglaze pan. Place lid on wok and allow vegetables to steam for a minute or two.
  8. Remove lid and add pineapple slices. Heat through and then remove from heat.
  9. Serve chicken and stir fried vegetables with rice.

This is such a wonderfully healthy dish! I am going to make it, I love pineapple!

My, my! This looks good enough to eat. Have to try it soon. GG Vi

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryJanuary 22, 2013
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Teriyaki-Chicken-and-Pineapple-Stir-Fry-3.html