The Lonely Daffodil

Photo Description
This beautiful daffy is growing in a crack between the retaining wall in front of my home and a concrete strip next to the sidewalk. I understand that there was a garden there at one time before it was cemented over. So far this year I have been able to enjoy it for a week or more. Oftentimes someone plucks the bloom early on.

My daughter took the photo especially because she liked the shadow it threw on the wall.

Photo Location
Olympic Peninsula, Washington

Very nice shot! Your daughter is talented.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have one in my yard near the concrete wall a neighbor built. Before they bought the old house to fix, the yard was filled with flowers. The former owner went fishing and feed the cats in front yard. They were the most beautiful daffodils and covered a1/3 of an acre. It was said the dirt was black gold and I believe it. I asked if I could have some bulbs as they were being thrown away. Their plans were to save them and I was happy except they had a gardener who didn't like them and they disappeared over night. So I have 1 daffy and will plant more this year.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful!
Marg from England

Reply Like this photo? Yes