The Works for Sunscreen Stains

After reading all the comments about chemical reactions I decided to do a little experimenting myself. I found that The Works tub & shower cleaner takes out the stain. I spray it on wet or dry clothes, rub it gently and walk away for 5 minutes. When I returned the stain was gone. It's very inexpensive (under $2) and can be purchased at Walmart or Kmart. It works great on rust stains in toilets & tubs too! Their website is theworkscleans.com and you can enter your zip to find a store near you.

By Barb

Anonymous

The Works is an excellent household item. I would use caution with clothing, however. This product is hydrogen chloride based, a corrosive. Be careful using it on certain fabrics.

* Please use caution * while using this product! I know for a fact the toilet bowl cleaner will eat through some fabric! The tub & shower cleaner may be less harmful to clothing. I had some spill on a small carpet in front of my toilet and it ate a hole right through it. That was the toilet bowl cleaner. I use it all the time, its wonderful! Harmful but really works!

So in my opinion do NOT use the bowl cleaner on clothes...not sure about the shower cleaner that was mentioned in the post but definitely not the toilet bowl cleaner or you will have some damaged clothes ..lol.

I have bought this product at the Dollar Tree stores for $1. Just bought some today actually.

I am anxious to try this on my laundry needs. Will read label first to see if it has bleach in it before using on colors. Thanks for the tip ;-)

Do not use the works on bathing suits. It eats some fabrics away. We ruined two different suits this evening.

Turned by t-sheet toilet bowl cleaner blue.

I had a bright blue T-shirt with the white sunscreen stains that had been washed and dried. After reading "The Works" option I was too lazy to go to the store. So, I used two Lysol cleaners (see picture) as a test. I also used elbow grease. The Lysol cleaners worked well. The Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) worked best. I had to rub lightly with white wash cloth. But the stains came right out. I then immediately threw in washer on cold/cold. The result was awesome. No stain, bleach, or damage.