Thread Knotting Up in Bobbin Case

I've just picked up sewing and I've hit a snag. I don't know why all these threads are coming up from under the bobbin area! I think the top thread is getting stuck in the bobbin casing somehow and none of the stitches are sticking. It's all coming undone. Please help!

Here is trouble shooting for your issue, -www.thesprucecrafts.com/fixing-bobbin-thread-bunching-looping... - Hope this helps!

Anonymous

This has happened to me when I use a different bobbin that I picked up at a garage sale or thrift store that I thought was the right size. Now I keep a "good" one in my purse to compare very closely with any cheap/free unmarked singletons I find.

When this happens it normally has to do with the way the bottom is threaded or the way the bobbin is put in the canister. You need to put this in one way only and there is an area that the thread feeds through to the top of the caniser. If it is not feeding in right or the canister is not in right this will happen.

That snarl of thread is usually caused by one of three things:
1- bobbin isn't placed in machine correctly

2- thread tension needs adjusting
3- bobbin area needs cleaning of all bits of thread and lint.

Double check all three and you'll most likely fix your problem. Check your owner's manual or find one on-line through a google search for you brand and model. Good luck and report back here.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 20, 2020
😷
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒

Sewing MachinesMachines