ShoppingFrugal Living

Thrift Store Finds

I am always finding great deals at thrift stores. Mostly craft items and housewares. But once in a while, I will find things that are "over the moon deals!"

Just before a recent visit to a friend in Missouri, I dashed into the local Goodwill for a bag I could fit in the overhead compartment. I didn't have much time so I just grabbed something I could afford. It was 3.99 and the right size, with a strap that would fit over my shoulder.

Not until I went, came back, checked it under a bus and got it home that I realized it was a Giorgio Armani. The bag I just spent under $4.00 for was worth $275.00.

Yes, I am going to try and sell it for at least $100.00 but, even if I can't, it will be another example of the wonderful deals we find when we look and even when we don't!

That is a terrific find! Nice, even if you keep it for yourself.
Enjoy!!

Thanks. I am heading to Salem OR to see my friends and family over the holiday.

I will use it again for the same reason!!

The Goodwill stores in my area charge quite a bit more than $3.99 for bags like this, especially, when they are designer bags. Great buy!

Goodwill Stores in my area are all called "boutiques" because their prices are just too high for the average person that is looking for a bargain. Sometimes there may be a special need that would be worth the cost but most people look elsewhere before going to Goodwill.

it is also kinda weird as we very rarely see a handicapped person working in this store - only regular paid employees. I do not believe it is what it purports to be (at least not in my area).

I am glad that may not be the case everywhere as Sandi was able to find a great bargain. Good!!

There are amazing deals to be had, especially when someone dies and was a pack rat. Things are brand new and go for next to nothing.