CraftsOrganizing

Tin Can Craft Supply Organizer

I have been washing and saving veggie and fruit cans for about a week. The time came last night to finally do something with them. This was what came of it.

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 1

1. I laid my cans down like a pyramid, with 7 at the base, then 6, and so on. You could go with a larger base, or all the way to one can on top. But I had a to fit mine under the shelf unit, so I stopped at 4.
  2. This is just a fun project to do with the kids, too. Nothing that can cut or burn them. So now you open all the mini binder clips and begin connecting the cans. Once the first row is done, start with the second. Keep going till they are all connected.
  3. Close all the clips so the little clamps don't impede your supplies.
  4. Fill with whatever you like. Because I used some paint brushes and glue sticks, I didn't want mine to fall out. I raised the unit up, once it was filled, on 6 craft lids to tilt it back just a bit.
  5. If you need more height, You can use taller lids, small blocks, etc. The nice thing about the clips is, the back of the cans is pretty secure. Also, you don't have to set these up like a pyramid. You can set them down, and make a longer row, like a "base 4, then 3, then 4 then 3" square...kinda!! I am going to do more with this idea in my pantry.
  6. NOTE: Don't use the soup or fruit cans that have the pull top lid. The ring inside is not only a cutting hazard, but would not allow you to use such a small binder clip. Anything larger and the clip would be too wide. N-JOY!!
  7. Ad

I do the same and love love love it!

Aren't we a clever bunch? I think that binder clips might be one of the best inventions on the planet! Thanks!!

Anonymous

I love how this turned out!!

I just love this!!
Would you please clarify the unit being raised on the lids. Is there something missing in the explanation?

I don't think so. I explain that if you need to raise the base of the unit you can slip some lids in between the cans to "tilt" it back a bit.

I think I still have the image and will add it now. Thanks and I hope this helped. PBP

I just realized a better version of this photo is the first one listed on this post. Whoops on us, huh? HeHe