Tiny Black Bugs in Bed

Since last fall, when I purchased a new bed spread, I have been plagued by tiny (head of a pin) black bugs. They live in my bed, which I have sprayed so much I have sinus problems. There is the tiny black stage. There is the cloth and larvae stage, the feeding on the sheets stage, and the depositing stage (they have a drain field of "or and" spots 6 to 12 inches X 4 inches. The University of Minnesota saw no insects, the building management said it was in my mind; the pest control, well, I can't say here. I have pictures.

By Bob R from Plymouth, MN

Best Answer

The next time you see these black bugs, try using some Scotch tape to grab a few (try not to crush them). Stick your sample to an index card. Show this to an entomologist or professional pest control person.

For eradication (once you identify them), I suggest contacting a professional pest control company.

I HAVE THE VERY SAME PROBLEM AND AT FIRST I THOUGHT THEY WERE BED BUGS, HOWEVER, AFTER MUCH RESEARCH I FIND THEY ARE NOT - THEY ARE JUST TINY BLACK BUGS THAT LOOK LIKE "LINT"; I KNOW THEY ARE NOT "LINT" BECAUSE I PICK THEM OFF THE BEDSPREAD AND SHEETS DAILY. THEY JUST KEEP RE-APPEARING. HELP..........

There called ibugs which are really hard for other people to see, I know bcos I known people that have seen them as well and for the sinus problems going to the doctors won't help you but I might know something that won't cure it for sure!

springtails!!!

I've suffered for years with this problem until yesterday when I tried the "yellow Listerine" (actually it was the dollar general brand) solution. I saturated my mattress, misted pillows, and even applied it directly to my skin with a washcloth.

Before work today, I sprayed my clothes inside and out and again with a washcloth to my skin. It's working miracles. This is a solution I will be sticking with.