Tiny Black Bugs in Bed

Since last fall, when I purchased a new bed spread, I have been plagued by tiny (head of a pin) black bugs. They live in my bed, which I have sprayed so much I have sinus problems. There is the tiny black stage. There is the cloth and larvae stage, the feeding on the sheets stage, and the depositing stage (they have a drain field of "or and" spots 6 to 12 inches X 4 inches. The University of Minnesota saw no insects, the building management said it was in my mind; the pest control, well, I can't say here. I have pictures.

By Bob R from Plymouth, MN

Best Answer

The next time you see these black bugs, try using some Scotch tape to grab a few (try not to crush them). Stick your sample to an index card. Show this to an entomologist or professional pest control person.

For eradication (once you identify them), I suggest contacting a professional pest control company.

I HAVE THE VERY SAME PROBLEM AND AT FIRST I THOUGHT THEY WERE BED BUGS, HOWEVER, AFTER MUCH RESEARCH I FIND THEY ARE NOT - THEY ARE JUST TINY BLACK BUGS THAT LOOK LIKE "LINT"; I KNOW THEY ARE NOT "LINT" BECAUSE I PICK THEM OFF THE BEDSPREAD AND SHEETS DAILY. THEY JUST KEEP RE-APPEARING. HELP..........

I have been plagued with these tiny black kitchen pests, They crawl around everywhere there.--on top of countertops, stoves and microwave, and dishwasher. Can anyone help me to identify and/or have a solution to get rid of them.

Honey those are bed bugs you need to have the removed with extremely hot steam by a pest control professional. And you need to wash all bedding in extremely hot water and dryer and get rid of the mattressyou also need to check behind the headboard and in the frame. Also check baseboards and around door frames picture frames etc. They are terrible and will come back if not treated correctly. You can also make a solution of 2parts 90% rubbing alcohol and 1part water and spray all over to kill them. also there are bed bug traps you can get and these little cone like things to out the legs in the bed on to pay anymore also, you should get bed bug and mattress covers Wich preven anymore bed bugs.

This is a serious problem that you need to take care of ASAP of they WILL GET WORSE. I manage properties and a past tenant of mine let a friend come stay with her who had been homeless not knowing that the reason she had lost her apartment was because she had bed bugs she didn't take care of it and didn't wash her chilrens stuffed toys and had brought them with her. And made m tenent lose everything and they never said anything it got so bad that it got into the apartment below and basement because they traveled through the ventalation system. Ended up costing over $4000 plus the tent had to buy all new furniture beds etc. Needless to say I had to evicit her and her friend. Because since she never told us I had no choice.

When I catch them thyplay dead. And Crumble the DR They look like skin help

There called ibugs which are really hard for other people to see, I know bcos I known people that have seen them as well and for the sinus problems going to the doctors won't help you but I might know something that won't cure it for sure!

springtails!!!

I've suffered for years with this problem until yesterday when I tried the "yellow Listerine" (actually it was the dollar general brand) solution. I saturated my mattress, misted pillows, and even applied it directly to my skin with a washcloth.

Before work today, I sprayed my clothes inside and out and again with a washcloth to my skin. It's working miracles. This is a solution I will be sticking with.

Well, I think they are bed bugs.