Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

What are those very small, 1/16 round, with flat bottom, black and some with spots, bugs I've found on my kitchen floor? Usually in large groups. Most are under the dishwasher.

You really have to watch closely to see them move.

By Tracy from Cleveland, OH

Best Answer

You might look at them with a magnifier, and then research carpet beetles. Good Luck!

Yes they are a variety of carpet beetles. I had to learn to identify them while working for a hotel. The first time I saw one I thought it was a bed bug and freaked out, but they are harmless and you can use esssntial oils to kill them

Best Answer

They are flour mites. The seek out damp warm places where there is dry food.

I keep all my flours in the fridge

Best Answer

I don't see a picture. If they are around your dishwasher, you have some kind of a leak. You need to have your dishwasher pulled out to see what is going on and fix it.

Save the bugs and put them in a sealed plastic bag. Bring to a place that sells pesticides. They will help you identify it. When you eliminate food and water resources you will get rid of the bugs.

Might be a lot cooler if you just took a pic of the offending critter, instead of carrying dead bugs around in a ziplock bag!?? But thats just me, carry on, carry on. #youdoyouboo #ugoncarry56bugspeciesaroundwitya

I am having the same problem with these tiny insects! They are only showing up after I run the dishwasher!! I am a very very clean person and have no other problems with bugs in my house.

These little guys are only under the dishwasher and no where else. Please! I need help figuring out what the heck they are and how to get rid of them!

Anonymous

no

Most likely those are springtails