Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

I have had these tiny bugs on my kitchen floor for 5 days now. I've used fogger bombs, and boric acid around perimiter of floor. I sweep. They seem to be coming out from fridge and stove sides. Nothing seems to be working. Please help me get rid of them. They don't jump or fly. There are hundreds of them.

By Roxane C.

Best Answer

We had the same problem and it turned out to be weevils, the tiny bugs that are in flour, rice, grains, etc. We emptied out the pantry and sure enough that is were they were coming from. We threw out the foods that had the bugs, cleaned out the pantry and now they are finally gone. You can google "weevils" and find out how to get rid of these little pests.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, the eggs turn up in bread and flour products -- a reaction against aggressive spraying of pesticides. You can avoid the critters: "freeze" the products for forty-eight hours. You can't freeze some bread, so I keep it in the refrigerator.

I began seeing small black bugs in my kitchen a month ago. I called my exterminiator: he said they could be food weevils. I looked this up and did what all those sources said to do. I threw out a ton of old boxed food, put all the rice, pasta, etc., in the freezer. But today, the problem is WORSE!!!!

I haven't a clue what they are living in and do not know what else to do. I do not want to pay the exterminator his high fees to get ride of harmless bugs. I clean my kitchen thoroughly, and the floor is almost always clean, since my trade IS cleaning houses. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
Annie

Bread is freezeable if sealed in package

Can you post a picture of them? I take it they are not ants, which are very bad this year in many parts of the US.

I have tiny black bugs in one area of my kitchen floor (under a pantry cabinet). They move around and are now starting to climb up my window. They seem to have many legs, but it's hard to see because they are so tiny. They almost look like midget ticks. Help.

Anonymous

They are like tiny ticks but they're obviously not. They crawl and I haven't seen wings but I sweep them away before I get a good look.

Idk what they are but I really want to know