Tips for Painting Walls

Category Painting
Find the best way to get the your paint where you want it. This guide contains tips for painting walls.

Should I paint the wall first and then the skirting boards?

By Phil

Answers

I do. After all, if paint is going to drip it goes down. Then when the wall is dry, hold a small sheet of stiff card against it while you do the skirting. Make sure the back of the card stays clean and don't drag it along. Works for me. All the best.
Marg from England.

I find it easier to paint the trim first then the walls. For me, it's easier to get that perfect line if I paint the trim, wait a day or two, carefully tape it off with the blue stuff, then paint the walls. I've never had a problem with drips, but I'm careful and take my time. Just make sure to remove any painter's tape promptly. Don't leave it on for more than a few hours.