Tomato Bread Appetizers
This is my twist and take on "Pan con tomate" - a faster method by pureeing the tomatoes, but you can do the original method which is grating the tomatoes. This makes a great snack or appetizer! Any extra puree can be saved in the fridge for future use.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1 baguettes
- 2 lb grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 baguette
- dash salt & black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- Add tomatoes into food processor to puree.
- Cut baguette into desired pieces and toast to crispy.
- Brush olive oil onto bread piece.
- Rub toast with garlic clove.
- Add tomato puree, then top with dash of salt and pepper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!