Top Thread Snapping on Pfaff Sewing Machine?

The thread is snapping on my Pfaff 138/115 industrial sewing machine. The top thread keeps on snapping when stitching. I have changed the needle and rethreaded. What can I adjust to resolve this? I desperately need help.

I'd recommend undoing it all, Thaaniz. Remove the top thread as well as the bottom bobbin, rewind everything to ensure no thread has a small knot. Check the placement of the top thread spool to see there's nothing preventing it from uncoiling smoothly. Re-set your tensions to zero (upper and lower, although I suspect the problem may be with the upper tension being too tight). Double-check your threading instructions and re-thread your machine.

Safe to presume you're using a decent quality thread? No insult intended, but sometimes going in search of a bargain ends up in frustration.

If the foregoing hasn't helped and your thread is still breaking, remove all threads, again, and try running the machine with no thread. Listen to the sound of the motor. You know when it's running properly, right?

The only other thing I can think is that maybe the new needle is in at a bad angle or the screw holding it in place isn't tight enough?

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJune 11, 2016
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Top-Thread-Snapping-on-Pfaff-Sewing-Machine.html