Topped Broiled Haddock
I love haddock, but it is what you do with it that gives it all the pizzazz! This recipe is full of flavor.
- 1-1/4 lb skinned haddock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 1/4 tsp (added to butter) garlic powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning
- Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1 large plum (Roma) tomato sliced
- fresh basil leaves, sliced
- handful of baby spinach
- 1 box rice pilaf (put it in the oven)
- Heat oven at 375 F to bake for 15 minutes; then broil on high for 10 minutes.
- Rinse haddock in cold water and pat dry. Add the spices to melted butter.
- Using a glass cookware, spray oil the dish.
- Place the fish in the dish. Add the seasoned butter. Then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Then put a slice of tomato on each piece, then pinch a few pieces of fresh basil and put that on top and add a handful of baby spinach on top of each piece. Then sprinkle again lightly with bread crumbs. Put it in the oven.
- Prepare rice pilaf. Add a 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach, 2 heaping Tbsp. of sliced fresh basil, a fresh sliced clove of garlic & sprinkle with black pepper! Cook as directed.
- Serve with the rice pilaf.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!