AdviceHealth & Beauty

Towel to Prevent Menstrual Stains

I have a designated clean white towel that I use when I am on my menstrual cycle. I put the towel on my bed and, in the event that I leak (which is rarely), the leak will be on my towel and not on my sheets or mattress. A white towel would work best since its easiest to clean and wash in the washer. Also a couple days prior to my expected menstrual date, I will set the towel out just encase. My mattress has a warranty and if there are leaks or stains, the warranty is voided.

I used to put a trash bag under my sheet. Sheets were easy to wash. I had a very heavy flow and it was a sure thing that I would have leaks.

I have not heard of the trash bag method yet! Did you secure the trash bag or how does it work? =)

I would take a towel with me if I was visiting someone during my cycle. That would save some embarassing stains on other peoples sheets

I am always hesitate to spend the night at my sister's when I'm on my cycle. I feel comfortable sleeping on my bed but if I have to and on my cycle - I will most definitely put a towel underneath!

The way I toss and turn in my sleep, most of the covers end up on the floor. A towel would certainly not stay in place. If I should ever need such protection, (perhaps in another life), I think I would opt for Depends.

They have panties designed for when you're on your cycle! I have yet to try them though, they're quite expensive!

Last time I purchased towels, I went with dark brown. We have hard water and white clothes go grey after just a few washings. Brown isn't effected by the water or menstrual stains.

Brown would be a good color too! I did not think of that. I do not have brown towels. We usually buy white or green, blue.