Treat Bamboo Cutting Boards with Olive Oil

Category Kitchen Tools
This page is about treat bamboo cutting boards with olive oil. Bamboo is durable and safe for a cutting board. Clean and oil it before putting it away.

I'm sure you have noticed all the things that are new organic, Eco safe products (like sheets, spoons, and, yes, my cutting board). I loved the bamboo pillow cases my daughter gave me as a gift. She said, "wash them like anything else."

I never took into consideration that my bamboo cutting board would be any different then the butcher block ones I had used previously - wrong. Yes, I noticed it was looking dry; in fact the color seemed to change. There were no instructions with it saying anything about special cleaning after use. I love the size, shape, and the fact that it is organic, but the board looked like I was doing something wrong. I bought mine in the back of TJMax, where things are discounted. They can be very expensive, so I knew I didn't want it to be ruined so soon.

I mainly use my bamboo cutting board for chopping my veggies, however the opposite side has been used for chicken so it has to be really clean. I decided after regular cleaning and drying, to put olive oil on it.Both sides and let it set. I just left it until next time I used it, which was a few days later.

I have spray olive oil and usual out of the bottle, it doesn't matter both seemed the same. Either spray it on than wipe or put some on a cloth wiping with the way the bamboo is placed. I'm sure if you use your bamboo spoons or bowls, after a while with regular use, you would need to do the same. I haven't put mine in a dishwasher, but I'm sure that is more drying. To clean my cutting board after chicken I use lemon and salt.

Bamboo is a great product - durable and safe. Remember, however, it does need to be taken care of if using as often as I do. I would recommend if you use it only for special things and that you clean and oil it before putting away. I have noticed some beautiful salad bowls made out of this material, along with many varieties of spoons and utensils.

Source: Olive oil is safe, organic and absorbs well in my furniture, floors, and now my bamboo.

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsMay 7, 2017
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treat-Bamboo-Cutting-Boards-with-Olive-Oil-1.html