Treating a Dog's Ear Infection

I've had enough too, been to the vet 3 times at a cost of $180.00 each time and she is no better. I'm done with the vet thing. The last time the vet told me if it got no better we needed to just take the ear off. OMG are you kidding me?

She is a 15 year old Jack Russell. It's only in 1 ear, it's swollen with puss and it itches so badly. We have been through rounds of antibiotics and ear ointments. Somebody's got to help me. I don't know where to take her; I've been to 2 different vets.

By Tammy

I have a beagle who has had ear problems for about 2 years. I have spent a fortune on him, and he has been miserable. Finally the last new vet I saw suggested it could be a food allergy. I started him on Nutro diet about 2 weeks ago and I think it is the solution. He is better. I mixed the Nutro with his regular food and have slowly increased the amount of Nutro (available at Petco and I imagine other places).

Also, I had some luck with spraying hydrogen peroxide into his ear. He doesn't like medicine being put into his ear - it is a struggle. I hope this helps (often it is the corn dogs are allergic to).