Treating an Infant's Cold?

What can I do to help my little one with a cold? He is 4 months old.

By StellaBell from Manchester, WA

Best Answer

You can use children's Vicks Vapo Rub. Put some on the child's chest and then put pajamas on the child. Then put some Vapo Rub on the soles of the child's feet and put socks on the child. This is one of the things that really works when the child is congested. Also, drinking orange juice. You can put the juice in the child's bottle...Hope this helps. Bless you and yours.

Anonymous
Best Answer

As a mother of 4, I treated a lot of babies with colds. I always put Vick's on my chest. When they nursed, drank from a bottle or just slept on me they were inhaling the vapors without having a salve directly on them.

Best Answer

At that age you really need to take him to the doctor. Most medicines over the counter are not recommended for children under one.

Plus we don't know anything about his health. Please take him to a doctor and if you can't afford it go to your local health dept.

Anonymous

Humidity always worked for my little ones. Turn the shower on hot, shut the bathroom door and have a seat. The steam from the shower does wonders to unclog babies. If your local store carries those shower fizzers for colds you might try them, but test it yourself first to see if it is too strong for a baby. Also, if you want to sleep invest in a humidifier. Keep the baby hydrated and by all means if you see troubling changes get help.

My son, who is 43 now, had a lot of colds when he was an infant. I always used Vick's, but I mixed a little with Vaseline in the palm of my hand to warm it up and then put on his chest.

Then I put his undershirt on and his one piece pj's that had feet in them. Putting pure Vick's on a baby skin can burn the skin, so use some Vaseline.

Parenting Baby HealthOctober 26, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
Generated 2020-08-05 09:11:33 in 734 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-an-Infant-s-Cold.html