Treatments for Heat Bumps on Scalp?

I have really oily hair and dry scalp. In the summer I get heat bumps on my head. I have tried every kind of shampoo, treatments, and have even tried vinegar. Any suggestions? Thanks

By lynn from Big Stone Gap, VA

Best Answer

If I were you, I would probably go to a good dermatologist, to get down to the root of the problem, but there is a very good shampoo by Neutrogena that you could try called T-Sal that helped with dandruff. You can buy it off the shelf at most grocery stores. Someone mentioned Pine Tar soap, that helps with eczema and other skin conditions. You can find that at: www.vermontcountrystore.com in the Apothocary section. Good Luck!

It sounds like maybe you're allergic to shampoos and conditioners. That's the problem we were having, anyway. My daughter and I both had very oily hair and our scalp itched all the time. First, we tried switching to homemade organic shampoos and conditioners. They worked for a while but then we started to itch again. About two weeks ago, we started washing our hair with baking soda and no conditioner. The results were surprising. It doesn't dry hair like I thought it would.

Instead, our hair is about like it would be after a shampoo with no conditioner, but it's breaking off less and it's far less oily, and there's no more itch. One problem, though it's a minor one, is that it makes hair look a bit dull. I'm going to try to remedy that by rinsing with a vinegar/water solution, which I've read will make hair shiny. It would be nice if we could find a way to condition our hair, too; but I'm not going to use any commercial conditioners because I already know we're allergic to them.

Anonymous

A good pre conditioner is really easy and makes your hair soft, although I've been using head and shoulders medicated with cooling relief. I don't know how it'd work with baking soda, but it would be worth finding out. All you do is brush dry hair, and work plain ol mayonnaise from scalp to tip.

Work thoroughly through hair and rub in scalp if it releaves the itch, then wrap in plastic wrap. You can sit in the sun or a warm area for about 10 min. then rinse out then shampoo. With head and shoulders it makes your head feel at ease!

I suffer from severe itchy scalp also. My doctors say its caused by allergies. And it really flares up when the seasons change. And allergy shots only give me one week of relief. But head and shoulders itch relief shampoo and conditioner are a life saver! I have been itch free now for years! With only mild flare ups with weather change. I tried every other shampoo, trick and medication. As for the heat bumps on my head. I always find them to be worse when i haven't sweated in awhile. Try exercising more and sweating more and you will see a decrease in heat bumps and the itching that comes with them.

I had that problem when I was a teenager ( along with facial acne); in the summer, I switched over to strictly a mild baby shampoo and no conditioner, as the oiliness of that just exacerbated my scalp.

Limit the towel drying time; just blot your hair a little and brush ( not comb)through when still very wet to make it easier to get the hair under control.

If it still persists, you may want to ask your haircutter for suggestions ( or see a dermatologist).

Anonymous

A comb through of wet hair is a bad idea especially if your hair is long. Hair breaks more easily when wet. I would recommend letting it dry naturally (mine only takes a couple of hours) then use one of those "detangler" brushes starting about 6" from the ends then working the tangles out gradually farther up. I have had a lot of experience with very long, fine hair for the last 50 years.

Try pine tar soap or cold processed patchouli soap.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Oily HairJune 17, 2009
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treatments-for-Heat-Bumps-on-Scalp.html