ContainersRecycled Crafts

Trinket Box

Here is an upcycled trinket box made with an empty packaging tape roll. The packaging tape roll is very sturdy and makes a great circular shape. You can design this as a trinket box, jewelry box, or a handmade circular box to gift something inside - the possibilities are endless.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. You will need an empty packaging tape roll. Trace the roll twice on cardboard for the base/lid and cut out with scissors.
  2. Decorate the outside of the tape roll how you wish. I used washi tape and since I like the glossy finish, I kept it on.
  3. Find a pattern of paper you want to be the bottom of your box and lid to be. I used this floral golden scrapbook paper. Using a glue stick glue the cardboard circles down onto the paper.
  4. Cut slits all around. Glue down to secure paper. Repeat for both the circles. Cut a piece of paper and glue over the ends of the paper slits.
  5. Trace your paper roll on felt and cut out for the base lining.
  6. Ready to assemble your box. Hot glue base down to the tape roll.
  7. Apply hot glue to the felt and base. For the top, I use a magnetic thumbtack and secured with hot glue.