Troubleshooting Electrical Circuit Problems

My son plugged in a extension cord with some bare wires showing and it sparked from the outlet, but also tripped the main circuit. My hot water heater does send out hot water and my electric stove won't push out enough power to use my oven or top burners. It just gets warm to the touch. The right amount of voltage is getting to both is what a guy said on his volt meter. But I don't know the problem. Could it be the 220amp circuit breakers burnt out?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

From what it sounds like you had a person out who checked your voltage for your stove. I am not sure why he didn't check your circuit breakers at the same time.

You need an electrician to do this work for you. There could be some burned wired in the outlet that your son plugged in the extension cord.

You could also have some issues in your main breaker box. I would call the electrician and have him come back out. Ask him to check all the circuit breakers in your box and the electrical outlet your son used.