Troubleshooting Flickering Lights in a Ford 500

Category Cars
If you are having trouble with your traction light or other flickering lights in a truck or car, there probably is a loose connection or a short somewhere.

My traction light won't shut off and there are no error codes. Does anyone know how to shut it off? My mechanic has had my car many times and hasn't figured it out. Also my lights inside and outside flicker like I'm going to stall, then my dash light shuts off and turns on, but my interior lights and headlights and the car is still on and powerful. Can anyone help? My alternator was checked and the battery is 5 months old.

Thank you very much for any help.

Answers

It could be a wheel speed sensor. The flickering lights could be due to a short in the electrical system