Troubleshooting a Freezer

This is a guide about troubleshooting a freezer. Determining why your freezer is not working properly can be perplexing. It is important for your frozen food to be maintained the same low temperature.

Hello. I have a small chest freezer (Frigidaire). The other day I noticed the food items at the top of the freezer were thawing out. I checked to see if a breaker had been tripped. It had not. I turned the control knob, and the unit kicked on the items quickly "re-froze."

A few days later the same thing occurred. I turned the knob again, and it came on. I checked the unit this morning and it was still running (I have the control knob set at its coldest setting). Do yo think it may be the thermostat going on the blink? If so, is it difficult to replace? The control knob sits on a removable panel. Do you "pull-off" the knob, before you pop-off the panel? Sure need some help. Thanks.

Michael

Answers

Best Answer

Hi Michael,
Here are some good sites to help you analyze your problem.

http://www.repa  com/0088_3_1.asp

http://www.acme  ezer/freezer.php

I have a Frigidaire chest freezer. How do I remove the thermostat probe?

By Wm