Understanding Crochet Instructions

This is what my instructions say: ch 3 *skip next dc. Dcfp around post of next dc, then dcfp around post of skipped dc- Cr dcfp made. 1 dc in sp between last dc and the next dc (inc made). I understand everything up to 1 dc in sp between.

Confused!

Thank you.

dc is double crochet

You have made your increase in the work you did before the 1 dc in the space between. Since you have the increase, there will be a space for you to work that double crochet in.

It is very tight there. I'm confused with, where it said, the last dc & the NEXT dc

How did you resolve this? Im stuck at the exact same step! Ive tried dc between the cr-dcfp, but that gives me too much increase. Ive also tried dc in the next dc (after the crdcfp), that doesnt increase enough.

UPDATE: dc between the two dcs that made th cr-dcfp worked. I had originally made too many stitches in the prior row. When I corrected this, it worked. Im going with it!