Understanding Silver Markings on a Sugar Bowl?

I have a silver sugar pot which says Silver and N on the bottom. What does that mean?

Silver means the object is sterling silver. The N may be the identifying marking the manufacturer put on.

Thank you!

It means it is sterling silver.You should check to see if it is worth anything.Check E-Bay.

Thank you!

There is a website that specializes in all the silver marking on antique and vintage silver. They have over 12.000 silver marks on the site that will help anyone identify the marking on their item. I have used this site several times to search for the marking on some old silver coffee pots and tea pots I had found when I was a child.

I would go here to check it out. You can find out a lot about the markings on your items and it is an excellent resource to help you understand these marking. This is the link to help you out - www.925-1000.com/

Can you please post a photo of the mark? There are many marks and I need to see exactly what it says and maybe I can help you.

Many thanks!!

Consumer Advice CollectiblesOctober 15, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Understanding-Silver-Markings-on-a-Sugar-Bowl.html