Making a Styrofoam Cup Vase
Don't put that styrofoam cup in the landfill, make it into a little vase. This is a page about making a styrofoam cup vase
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found a bunch of Styrofoam cups in the garage from a picnic we had 10 years ago. I didn't want to just throw them away, so I'm making little vases. All you need is a couple rubberbands and a pot of boiling water!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 vase
Source: My easier version of one on Pinterest that used a crockpot and weights.
- 1 Styrofoam cup
- 2 rubberbands
- 1 X-acto knife, knife or scissors
- 1 pot of boiling water
- 1 pair of tongs
- Boil a big pot of water. Cut the lip of the styrofoam cup off.
- Put your rubberbands on your cup wherever you'd like the vase to be indented. I used one heavyweight band from a bunch of broccoli for the bottom and a super lightweight one at the top just for a mini flare-out look.
- Using a pair of tongs, submerge the banded cup into your boiling water. Gently turn to make sure all sides start to shrink.
- If you'd like more of an indent from your bands, you can double wrap the cup and re-submerge the cup back into the boiling water. I did this on the top section.
- Remove, add water to the bottom of the vase, add flowers. :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.