Upcycling A Stocking As Bird Feeder

I purchased some fat balls for the birds, but I didn't have a metal bird feeder. So I upcycled an old fishnet stocking into one. The fat balls were stacked in a clean old stocking and knotted then tied to a piece of elastic around the drain pipe.

We get all types of birds visiting the feeding station. They queue up on the steps opposite the station waiting their turn. Both myself and my indoor cat love to watch the wild life just outside our lounge window. And the best part is it cost nothing to make!

Smart!

Good idea.

This is not a good idea at all, poor birds get their feet trapped in mesh , even the netting that some fat balls come wrapped in are also at fault, fat balls must not be wrapped in any nylon or plastic mesh.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesMarch 23, 2017
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycling-A-Stocking-As-Bird-Feeder.html