Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Instead of buying expensive dryer sheets, place a small amount of liquid fabric softener on a clean rag, and place it in the dryer with the wet clothes. Fabric softener is really not very good to put in your washing machine anyway. Clothes come out soft, sweet smelling, and without static cling, and will use much less softener.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Feedback:

Washcloth

Here is what I do with the liquid fabric softener, I pour out a small amount of the fabric softener into a small bowl and I completely saturate a washcloth in it and then I wring it out and hang it to dry. I pour the unused fabric softener back in the bottle.

I use this washcloth in the dryer instead of dryer sheets. I make sure the washcloth is a different color than my other ones so I always know which one is the softener cloth. The one washcloth will work through many loads and it saves a ton of money for me.

By binkylou

Watered Down Fabric Softener

I water my fabric softener down by half and then just put a little on an old facecloth. I've had one container of fabric softener for over a year. Very economical in this day and age and it works.

By Connie from Canada

Fabric Softener Mist

I keep store brand fabric softener in a mister bottle watered down just a little bit and mist the inside of the dryer with it. 5-7 shots of it work really well.

By Melody