Use Fleece as Bedding for Guinea Pigs

contest winner icon
With buying guinea pig food, hay, bedding, etc., my family and I are always looking for ways to save money. I discovered the use of fleece for bedding while browsing on YouTube. It saves you money, plus you can get really cute fleece that will look great in your cage.

Here's how to use it.

1. Make sure to lay a towel down underneath for more absorption, to avoid urine stains on the cage.

2. Get a hand dust pan and broom, and sweep the fleece daily.

3. Wash fleece once a week. Do not use fabric softener, it affects absorption. Give give the cage a thorough cleaning.

4. Enjoy your big savings!

Source: YouTube

I think this is a great idea! I had a guinea pig when I was a little girl. The bedding gets really expensive, $20 or more a month, especially when changed regularly as it should be. Sounds like a huge money saver, great thrifty pet idea!:)

Excellent idea for saving some money while still keeping your pets clean.

I like the idea. Question... do you cut up the fleece or use a whole piece of fleece?

Good idea!

Kimmy123, in answer to your question, you do not cut up the fleece. And the reason is because guinea pigs will chew on anything, so they will just chew it up. So you lay a big whole piece of fleece in the cage, letting edges of fabric to lay over the side of the cage. Then, you lay the wire top of the cage on top, then it just snaps on and holds the fleece in place. I hope this was helpful,

Luciere100

What a nice idea! Won't those guinea pigs be happy laying around on their fleece!

Great idea. Your guinea pigs must be so happy they found you!