Use Half The Recommended Laundry Detergent

Here's what I have discovered. When using brand name liquid laundry soap, I can make it last longer by using less than the amount the manufacturer suggests. I still use the provided cup to measure the amount of soap I'm using but I use half the amount suggested. When done measuring, I also throw in the cup to contribute every last bit of laundry soap used. There's no waste. I get my clothes clean and I stretch my dollars further! Give it a try.

By Lisa from Halifax, Nova Scotia

Answers:

I do the same but about 75%. Still works great. (03/07/2007)

By mommamoody

I, also only use half, sometimes less then half. Clothes are very clean. I save every way I can. Always use brand names. (03/07/2007)

By Shonda

Can do the same with dishwasher detergent. My sister had an appliance repairman tell her that. Also, when doing laundry, our clothes are lightly soiled so I don't run for more than 4-5 minutes wash. I hope this also will save wear and tear on my washer over the years. (03/12/2007)

By Dede

I do this as well. With fabric conditioner, I buy a good one that I like the smell of, I use a tablespoon in the dispenser and also add a small eggcup full of white vinegar.

When washing towels, I never use fabric conditioner as I find they are not so absorbent. I use the vinegar as a conditioner. Works really well. Also I believe kinder to the environment as it reduces the amount of chemicals used.

(07/26/2007)

By Lallie

I've gone organic. I use Seventh Generation and Country Safe. Both are mild. You use even less of it than the regular detergents. (07/26/2007)

By Kali