Use Washcloth and Fabric Softener as Dryer Sheet

Vote for this contest contender!

This tip not only saves money, it works far better to control static, and your clothes come out of the dryer smelling wonderful.

Buy 3 white or light colored washcloths in a distinct color you deem for use only in the laundry and not for showering. Also buy a bottle of whatever fabric softener you like (I love the smell of Downy).

One at a time, soak each wash cloth in a cup of fabric softener until completely wet, squeeze out the excess and hang the washcloths to dry (usually takes a couple of days) until thoroughly dry. Bonus, they make your house smell great!

Depending on the size of your load of laundry, pop one, two, or all three of the wash cloths into the dryer along with your wet clothes. When your laundry is dry, just put the washcloths aside for the next load. These last for many loads of laundry before you have to wash, then re-soak them with fabric softener.

One more money saving use for these: I also put a Downy-soaked washcloth behind my seat in my car. It works wonderfully as a car freshener instead of those packaged scented things you buy that don't last long.