Uses For Colored Aluminium Foil

After Christmas 2015, my local grocer put a lot of holiday items on sale. One was colored aluminum foil. The original price was around 4 dollars. They were marked down to 50 cents. I bought a couple rolls of the silver and a couple rolls of the gold.

I've had them for a year and still haven't figured a good way to use them. Even at 50 cents, they're no bargain unless I do use them. Anybody have any suggestions, other than the obvious gift wrapping?

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The colored aluminum foil could be used for wrapping home made bake goods for special occasions such a birthdays, visits to an elderly person, church activities. A cardboard pizza round could be covered with the foil to hold a cake or pie to take to a function that you would not have to have your serving dish returned.

Cover old records or cds with it and use to repel birds and other animals from the garden.

Interesting - This I have never seen...

I give plant cuttings to anyone who shows an interest and have many times covered an ugly container with regular aluminum foil and just cautioned the recipient to remove the foil as they could drown their plant if kept too long.

I know you give away a lot of cuttings so maybe once in a while this would work.

Sweet!

You and I, and those like us, are nice people, aren't we. Like Johnny Appleseed, we spread goodness here, there, and about.

I wish I knew someone willing to part with some cuttings from a white Knockout rose. I bought a red for cutting stock and now I have about 15. I want to mass plant red, pink, and white. I don't care for the red alone. It's not that pretty.

14 dollars is too much to pay for a small rose bush. Knockout roses have no scent. There's nothing special about the bloom. Except for its constant bloom and disease resistance, it doesn't have much going for it. So, 14 dollars is too much.

Maybe I'll try Freecycle, again. I'm bound to luck up, sometime. And I always offer a plant or two in return.

My daughter has a small area of red and pink Knockout roses and they look nice - I am not going to mention the white - she would be on the road tomorrow - plant hunting.

I would say for gift wrapping or around flower pots or for baked goods to give away

Cover a picture frame, scrunching it all around. Then, once it is well-pressed in, burnish it with black or brown shoe polish to create a unique antique look. Or, using the same idea, scrunch it around old round Styrofoam/glass/plastic Christmas ornaments. Cover an old shoe or boot and insert a flowering plant inside and set out on a porch or deck. Tie a waterproof ribbon around it.

My, Anne,

I'm glad I bought to rolls of each.

Add it to boiling water to clean silver jewelry , fold it over a few times to add thickness and use it to sharpen scissors (just keep cutting the foil repeatedly ), use it for cookie sheets instead of Pam, use it to wrap items being placed in freezer and lastly you can cover furniture with it and modpodge.

The table is beautiful. If I hadn't seen a picture of it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 29, 2016
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Colored Pencils
Organizing Colored Pencils
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:56:14 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.