Uses for Christmas Light Bulbs

Christmas light bulbs can be put to other uses throughout the year. This is a guide about uses for Christmas light bulbs.

I know most people love their home inside to be perfectly dark whether for better sleep or for being frugal by extending light bulb life and/or electric bill but, if you're like me and night blind and don't want to turn on bright lights to navigate to another room (especially if you're one who needs to poddy often - LOL), then just use night lights that have an automatic light sensor.

Now you're probably thinking, "Those bulbs are expensive and burn out more often than regular bulbs!" Well, I came up with an inexpensive solution ;-) Christmas light bulbs! They are so much less expensive than year round nightlight bulbs and will cost even less the day after Christmas on sale and I'll be stocking up on sale day for the coming year. I plan on buying green because it's a soothing, earthy color.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I haven't had to purchase bulbs for our night lights for years. To make this happen, I saved all the holiday bulbs from our old strings of lights when I switched to mini's. The old colored bulbs fit right into the night light bulb sockets and the light is slightly dimmer so it is just enough to enable you to get around in the dark and not so bright it keeps you from falling asleep.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I would like some ideas to use very old Christmas light bulbs. I have several of them.

Thank you.

By pathecat from PA

Answers

Anonymous

I received an adorable snowman made by putting clay around the bulb.