Uses for Jam That Didn't Set

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 216 Posts

Jam That Didn't SetI don't know about you, but I never have any luck with those no-cook and freezer jam recipes. For me they always turn out runny.

Today I was in the dairy section of the grocery store. Those fruit-on-the-bottom yogurts and tiny servings of cottage cheese with dabs of jam are so expensive, yet so tempting. Well, I remembered the jars of peach jam in my freezer. The jam is delicious, and tastes like a sunny summer day, but is too thin to put on toast. I have used it on vanilla ice cream, and it makes a wonderful topping. Today I realized it would also be really good mixed in with yogurt or cottage cheese - and a lot cheaper than store bought.

I like this idea so much, I am planning on making some batches of low-sugar, runny jams just to have on hand for a quick treat.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Yum, this is a very moist spice cake. You can use any variety of jam you wish or that you screwed up. Another name for this recipe can be "How to Use the Jam that Didn't Set Up Well Besides Pretending that it is Syrup".

4 More Solutions

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 255 Posts

If your jelly absoluty refuses to set up, even after cooking it back down the second time, just call it by another name!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I stumbled on this site because it offered several remedies to fix my too thin jellies/jams. I am not a big recipe follower; always "knowing" that something else would taste great in the recipe.

Jam That Didn't Set Correctly

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Sift flour with cinnamon, cloves and allspice; dissolve soda in sour cream.

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyJune 27, 2013
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Jam-That-Didnt-Set.html