Using Up Jam That Didn't Set Correctly

I stumbled on this site because it offered several remedies to fix my too thin jellies/jams. I am not a big recipe follower; always "knowing" that something else would taste great in the recipe. 95% of the trials turn out and I end up divulging my "secret" to a number of others.

To fix my too thin jellies/jams, the "air-dry method" is great. In the event one ends up with still too thin preserves label the mistakes "Glaze/Topping" and use for cheese cakes, thumbprint cookies, drizzle for cakes, baked cookies, syrups for waffles/pancakes, and french toast even a sweetener for teas.

Remember there are few real bad "mistakes" and lots of NEW uses/ideas.

By frys2go from Muncy Valley, PA

I like to use runny jam stirred into vanilla yoghurt. I even make extra batches of 'odds and sods jam stuff', when I don't have enough to make a whole batch, purely for this purpose.

Yesterday I made Tayberry, Gooseberry and Rhubarb - yummo!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJune 21, 2010
🌻
🐛
😎
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf93414975.tip.html