Uses for Leftover Hamburger Fat

Is there any purpose or use for hamburger grease? I have a nice grease jar full of it. I keep thinking birds would eat it with seed mixed in.

Anonymous

You can use it instead of butter for frying.

Under "Turn Grease into Other Things" looks like you're right you could make a bird feeder.

Reference: www.fix.com/.../

I save it in a glass container in my fridge and use it to roast potatoes and the likes.

I have found the biggest problem with saving hamburger grease is how fast it will go rancid so be sure to put it in the refrigerator or freezer quickly after it cools down. Use a container that is easy to handle and you can add more when it is available.

It seems that hamburger grease is not much different than other animal fats when it comes to how to use. Just have it available to use with seasoning vegetables or anything you want to add a little flavoring instead of butter or other oils. It makes very good bird food and the woodpeckers love it.

The one use that I am not familiar with is using it for candle oil. I have a couple of links that might give you ideas.

www.fix.com/.../

www.survivalpunk.com/.../

Cybergrannie is right. It won't last long on the counter. But pat it down inside an ice cube tray and keep it frozen. Then, just pop out enough for a good old fashioned pan of sliced and seasoned home spuds.

I use bacon grease and hamburger grease to make suet cakes. I mix it with corn bread and regular flour, and peanut butter, freeze until ready to put out for the birds.