Uses for Meat Tenderizer

Meat tenderizer has long been used for alternative purposes such as removing stains or treating bug bites. This is a page about uses for meat tenderizer.

I had a nasty bug sting yesterday. The only remedy I could recall was to make a paste of meat tenderizer and water to cover the bite. Well, it actually worked. I'll be darned. The tenderizer was so old that I can't recall when I bought it. Just a note: this was a pain stopper - not a swelling reducer.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Top Comment

Hi all!

I was recently amazed by my four year old. Mostly because she stood on an ant hill watching the ants crawl all over her legs. Ok, and also somewhat because she was truly suprised when they started biting her!

Anyway, after removing the offending creatures, I put some Arnica ointment that I had handy on the welts--and they were all gone in a very short period of time. I had previously been unimpressed by the stuff for my sprained ankle, but for this it worked great!

By Kathy (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I learned in a book I read (I have no idea what it was) that you can put anti-persprant on a sting and the pain will go away. I had a chance to try it out on my then 2 year old who managed to get 2 wasp stings on his fingers and he stopped crying immediately after I put it on him.

Non-seasoned meat tenderizer works fabulous on old, stuck-on stains, especially blood and sweat. The bromelain in it breaks down the proteins in blood and sweat without ruining your fabric.

Source: Tip from my mother :)

I think I might have come up with another way to kill ants. I had good luck with Sweet 'N Low on the ants outside, but when I got bathroom ants the Sweet 'N Low didn't work as quickly for some reason. The inside ants look like the outside ants so I don't know why I didn't get my usual fast results. Anyway, I started using powdered meat tenderizer and I think I may have a winner. I just sprinkle it around and I think when they eat it maybe the papain dissolves them. Gross, I know. Of course I use the store brand and get it at the dollar store too. I would love it if any of you would try it on your ants and then write back to the site and give your feedback!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 13, 2016
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-29 12:31:04 in 5 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️