Uses for Meat Tenderizer

Meat tenderizer has long been used for alternative purposes such as removing stains or treating bug bites. This is a page about uses for meat tenderizer.

I had a nasty bug sting yesterday. The only remedy I could recall was to make a paste of meat tenderizer and water to cover the bite. Well, it actually worked. I'll be darned. The tenderizer was so old that I can't recall when I bought it. Just a note: this was a pain stopper - not a swelling reducer.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Non-seasoned meat tenderizer works fabulous on old, stuck-on stains, especially blood and sweat. The bromelain in it breaks down the proteins in blood and sweat without ruining your fabric.

Source: Tip from my mother :)

I think I might have come up with another way to kill ants. I had good luck with Sweet 'N Low on the ants outside, but when I got bathroom ants the Sweet 'N Low didn't work as quickly for some reason. The inside ants look like the outside ants so I don't know why I didn't get my usual fast results. Anyway, I started using powdered meat tenderizer and I think I may have a winner.

I just sprinkle it around and I think when they eat it maybe the papain dissolves them. Gross, I know. Of course I use the store brand and get it at the dollar store too. I would love it if any of you would try it on your ants and then write back to the site and give your feedback!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 13, 2016
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Meat-Tenderizer.html